Get ready to dust off those flashcards! Here’s another fun flashcard activity to use with your students.
This game is called Flashcard War. It’s similar to the traditional war game with playing cards but with flashcards. It’s fast-paced and requires students to be able to identify facts quickly. Check it out below!
Here’s how to set it up:
1. Provide each group of two a set of flashcards. Note: Choose flashcards based on your students’ needs. If your students have mastered most of their facts, try mixing it up and give them a set of flashcards with addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division cards.
2. After shuffling the cards, students separate the deck into two piles.
3. Decide how the winner will be chosen. Select one of the following ideas or choose your own method.
- Highest solution
- Lowest solution
- Closest to ______
- Even/Odd solution
- Highest sum of digits
- Lowest sum of digits
4. At the same time, each student turns over a card and gives the solution.
5. After verifying the solution, the student whose card matches the winning guideline chosen earlier takes both cards and place them in a separate pile.
Ready to play? Ready, set, go!