Get ready to dust off those flashcards! Here’s another fun flashcard activity to use with your students.
This game is called Flashcard Concentration. It’s super versatile because you can choose to use one operation or multiple operations. In addition, this game emphasizes building memory skills. Check it out below!
Here’s how to set it up:
- Choose 12 – 16 flashcards to use. Be sure to select cards where there is another card with an equivalent solution. Note: Depending on the ability level of your students, you may choose to use flashcards with the same operation or mix it up.
- Create an array with the face down cards on a desk or table.
- Students play in groups of two. Partners determine who will be Partner 1 and Partner 2.
- Partner 1 chooses two cards, turns them face up, and compares the solutions.
- If the solutions are the same, Partner 1 gets to keep both cards.
- If the solutions are not the same, Partner 1 turns the two cards face down.
- Partner 2 takes a turn following step 4 above.
- Partners continue taking turns until all of the cards have been matched.
- The player with the most matches wins the game.
Ready to give it a try? Happy Matching!