Today’s “Transformation Tuesday” assessment strategy is actually a tech tool. It’s called Kahoot!, an online quiz system. What I love about Kahoot! is how easy the assessments are to create. It’s very similar to the clickers that many teachers have available to them; however, the Kahoot! format is very colorful (as you can see from the picture) and engaging for students to use. The best part– students can participate in the assessment from a variety of devices, including laptops, netbooks, tablets, and smart phones.
Here’s how it works:
1. Create a free account at www.getkahoot.com.
2. Choice the kind of Kahoot! you want to create, i.e. quiz, discussion, or survey.
3. Create your assessment tool by entering questions or statements and response options. Like graphics? You can insert a graphic of your choice as well.
4. Add a cover picture and put the finishing touches on the assessment tool.
5. Launch the assessment.
6. Invite students to join using the game pin on their own devices.
7. Have fun using Kahoot! and watch your students’ results as you go. See the example below.
|Learn more at getkahoot.com
Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences of this activity in the comments section below.